Portable Birth Pool Hire
We are a major resource for waterbirth information and birth pool hire in the Northwest and East Anglia
Are you pregnant
and thinking of a home birth?
Have you thought about using water to support your childbirth?
Here are a few reasons why you might consider it - but do browse through the whole website...
- Effortless freedom of mobility
- Soothing, private, warm, comforting environment
- A BlueLagoon pool offers an attractive rigid outer construction providing a strong structure to brace yourself against in a variety of creative positions during labour and birth (something which is not possible with a 'blow-up' pool)
- The buoyancy of the water ensures great comfort as you relax between contractions
- Properly insulated for excellent heat retention - still warm hours after filling
- Feedback from mothers and midwives over the past 17 years has shown us that these pools are considered far superior to any soft structured pools
Go to 'Testimonials' to read about it
- All necessary accessories included in a straightforward hire package of only £195 for up to 4 week's hire (see 'Hire Costs and Details' for more information)
Where are we?
We have two locations in the UK
Skelmersdale in Lancashire
We have been based in the northwest - in Skelmersdale in Lancashire - since 1992.
Rendlesham in Suffolk
Whilst retaining our base in the northwest we opened a new water birth pool rental base in East Anglia in 2008 - in Rendlesham near Woodbridge in Suffolk
We also deliver throughout the UK.
or call 07949 016 877
for more information
Midwives like our pools...
Midwives are enthusiastic about our design.
'We can lean in when necessary without fear of getting drenched, as with soft walled pools. Women can brace themselves against the walls if they feel like it because these pools are designed for their purpose and offer security and reliability for users and carers.'
Create an ideal environment for labouring and birthing at home with soft lighting, a supportive birth partner and the comforting use of a Blue Lagoon Birth Pool
Who runs Blue Lagoon
is a waterbirth mother herself with three children. She has a wealth of personal experience to draw on and always takes time to talk things through carefully over the phone with those hiring pools from us. She enjoys meeting those who hire pools and all those who come on the Water Birth Workshops seeking confidence in this birth option.
'If applicable, we always try to put you in the right direction for answers to your questions about using water for childbirth. Why not check out our 'Why Water?' page for some general information about this birth option'. Annie